Tuesday 3 May 2011

Gleewind

Yes, I'm taking a Gleewind (Clever pun on the words 'Glee' and 'Rewind') to take a look at one of the shows more understated acts, Tina.

Of late she's often been used for comedic effect in her performances, such as in the valentines episode, where she breaks down not even half way into the song, or in the more recent Night Of Neglect episode where she's heckled over during her brief performance.

This brings me on the song that I wish to share today, Jenna Ushkowitz singing "I Follow Rivers" by Lykke Li.

The performance isn't given the credit it deserves within the episode like the other performances by all three other acts are, but it is actually a brilliant cover of the original song, possibly even topping the Lykke Li version for myself.

Enjoy!




No comments: